MASA Awards Information
Superintendent of the Year,
New Superintendent Recognition,
Twenty-Five Year Service Award,
Honorary Life Award,
Friend of Education Recognition,
Meritorious Service Award
Presented At Spring Conference
The Pearce Award is presented each year to an outstanding Missouri Superintendent of Schools. The recipient receives a $500 cash award and a $500 scholarship to a student in the recipients' school district. Each MASA District selects a nominee for the award. The recipient must be a practicing superintendent of a public school in Missouri and meet additional criteria. For additional applicant requirements and information click on the link below. (Pearce Award Criteria)
Peace Award Application (if you have difficulty downloading this form, please contact the MASA Office)
Outstanding Emeritus Awards
MASA recognizes a retired administrator from each MASA district during the Awards Program. Individuals chosen for this award are selected based upon their length of service, their participation in MASA while an active member and continued interest in public education since retiring. Emeritus Information
Honorary Life Member
Individuals who are a member of MASA at the time of their retirement are presented with an Honorary Life Membership in MASA. (Honorary Life Membership form)
Twenty-five Year Service Awards
Annually, MASA recognizes those superintendents in Missouri who have achieved 25 years of service in administration in the public schools. This service may include the principalship and administrative service in other states. Award winners must currently be a member of MASA.(Twenty-Five Year Service form)
New Superintendent Award
Each year, MASA presents an award to an outstanding new Missouri Superintendent of Schools from each MASA district. The award is in recognition of outstanding performance in the demonstration of those skills that reflect the best in educational leadership. Nominees must be a practicing superintendent in their second or third year of employment as a superintendent; have never served as a superintendent of schools in another state; made a measurable contribution to the school district they serve as a new Superintendent of Schools as verified by one or more practicing Superintendents from their MASA district; and be a member of MASA at the time of nomination. New Superintendent recognition information and form
Friends of Education Award
This award will annually recognize eight non-educators, one from each MASA District for their contribution to education locally or statewide. Each of the MASA districts shall select a recipient of this award annually. The recipient must currently be a non-educator although they could have been an educator in the past. Friend of Education information and nomination form
Annually, MASA conducts a special memorial service in honor of those school administrators who have passed away during the preceding year. We need your help in being aware of all those needing to be memorialized. Please take a moment and complete the form below if you know someone that we should include in our memorial list. (Memorial Recognition form in pdf)
Superintendent of the Year
Information and Application
This Superintendent of the Year program is open to all U.S. public school superintendents who plan to continue in the profession.
The National Superintendent of the Year Program is truly representative of education's outstanding leaders from all parts of the country and abroad. Past recipients have come from diverse backgrounds - men and women representing small- to large-sized districts in rural, suburban and urban communities. Selection process:
- Anyone can nominate a superintendent. However, the superintendent must complete the entire application and submit it to be considered. The nomination form is not an application and cannot be considered. Please notify the person that you nominate so they can complete the application process.
- Applications for the 2021 SOY must be completed on the AASA Website by September 2, 2020 to meet the state deadline for consideration.
- All applications for Superintendent of the Year submitted during the past three years will be considered if the individual is a current school superintendent.
- The MASA Awards Committee will review all applications and select the winner.
- Winner will be announced at the MSBA/MASA fall conference.
- If the winner submitted a previous application, he/she will be asked to complete the new AASA form for submission for national award program.
- Missouri winner's application will be forwarded to AASA to be considered for the National Superintendent of the Year.
- The Missouri Superintendent of the Year will be recognized during the AASA National Conference on Education.
Click here for additional information and to complete the online application for: Superintendent of the Year Application