Purchasing Program Can Save Money
MASA has entered into an agreement with the Cooperating School Districts (CSD) of St. Louis to provide its cooperative purchasing program to all Missouri school districts. The agreement was approved by the MASA Executive Committee at its January meeting in Jefferson City. Representatives of CSD will share information on the program at the MASA Spring Conference and at future district meetings.
As early as 1950, the Cooperating School Districts of St. Louis saw the need for an organization that could consolidate purchasing information and leverage the potential economic strength of K-12 schools. Since that time, CSD has provided the highest quality products for students at the lowest price for its members in the St. Louis area. Membership in CSD�s Cooperative Purchasing Program can save your district hundreds of dollars each year! Stretch you educational dollar with:
- Discounts of up to 50% off list price;
- Back-to-school specials with extra discounts; and
- Vendors that meet or exceed all state bidding requirements.
Those interested in trying this program may go online to SchoolSupplies.org and to take a test drive of this program. They offer everything from building roofs to science room equipment.
The Cooperative Purchasing program is an economic partnership enabling school districts to purchase more than $12 million a year in educational products and services. Business Services manages the program, providing services to schools across Missouri. In addition to discounts, participants in the program can purchase more than 40,000 high-quality, high-technology products from more than 300 vendors.
School districts can make the most of your educational funds. Here are three ways you can save money with the Cooperative Purchasing program.
1. Because program participants buy in larger volumes than individual schools and school districts, you can order products anytime during the year and receive discounts up to 50 percent.
2. The program also sponsors a one-time, high-volume coop purchase. If you order between February and June and take delivery between July 1 and August 15, discounts frequently exceed 50 percent. Many schools use this opportunity to order their inventory for the coming school year. Even though orders are placed February thru June orders are not billed until after July 1.
3. You can also save money during the year with special one-time promotions on individual products and product lines.
The professional staff at Business Services works with more than 100 vendors, including established companies with well-known brand names and companies with new, innovative products.
You can get all your supplies from one source instead of dealing with many vendors and many catalogs.
You won't have to deal with all the hassles. Business Services handles all the problems, including defective products, refunds and exchanges, short shipments, shipments to the wrong address and pricing discrepancies.
For more information about the Cooperating Purchasing, call Tom Post at 314-692-1234.