Aspiring Superintendent Cohort Information & Registration
Aspiring Superintendent Cohort
Quality leadership is essential for school districts to succeed. One of MASA’s objectives is to seek out educational leaders who have the qualities needed to guide school districts to greater levels of success.
The Aspiring Superintendent cohort is designed to provide a wide variety of in-depth learning opportunities to help prepare leaders to become viable candidates for the superintendent role or other central office administrative positions.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Attributes of a high-quality superintendent
- Table Tent discussions with MASA leaders
- Building experiences into your current position that will improve your market value
- Preparing your family for the changes that will come
- What search firm consultants look for during the process
- Fostering quality Board / Superintendent relations.
- Building your leadership capacity
- Developing a great vision for your district
- Thinking “big picture”
- Creating a balance between instructional leadership and operations
- Q & A with current superintendents
- Developing the skills for researching a district’s data that you are interested in pursuing
- Participation and review of mock interviews
- Review of current resume and letters of introduction
- Understanding and developing skills to impact culture district-wide
- Evaluating members of a leadership team and identifying their strengths
- Understanding how to impact your leadership team through professional development
- Building a “first things to do” list, so you are ready to go the day you accept the position
The program includes four days of interactive workshops at the MCSA Educational Center in Jefferson City, Missouri.
- June 18 & 19, 2019
- October 16, 2019
- January 8, 2020
Registration Fee: $400
- Training materials for the four sessions
- Refreshments during the workshops
- Six meals
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: May 17, 2019
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cohort registration cancellations will only be accepted in writing, by fax or email (three business days) prior to the first day of the cohort. All cancellations received less than 72 hours prior to the event will be subject to the full registration charge. ALL cancellations will be subject to a $50.00 administrative charge. No shows will be charged the full amount.
- Kelly Hinshaw, Director of Leader Development
Download the Flyer: Aspiring Superintendent Cohort 2019-20