District Communication Planning Workshops
School districts of all sizes benefit by having a solid communication plan. MASA will provide you and your district guidance in developing the framework of a plan that will help you address big and small issues with both your internal and external audiences.
- David Luther, MASA’s Director of Communications and a member of the Missouri School Public Relations Association (MOSPRA) will join to co-present.
- 3-hour planning session
- A designated district will serve as the host for the session
- 3-7 districts may participate and each will send a minimum of three (3) representatives (ideally the superintendent will be one of the representatives, but it is not imperative)
The workshop will include
- Overview of communication planning
- Creating a communication advisory team
- Determining audiences
- Determining key messages
- Determining best means to deliver messages
- Building comprehensive and project-specific plans
- Creating a means to evaluate communications effectiveness
Workshop will include scenarios to see how your plan will work.
A limited discussion of crisis communication will be part of the session. (A special crisis communication session may be scheduled.)
Note: The workshop will help you and your district start the process of building a great communication plan, but additional work will need to take place beyond the workshop to finalize a plan.
Contact David Luther