Understanding Health Insurance: A to Z
Mr. Drew Beaugard, Senior Regional Director, Forrest T. Jones Co., Inc.
Mr. Kelly Hinshaw, MASA Director of Leader Development
This workshop is designed to provide a higher level of understanding for superintendents and other central office administrators who are responsible for making health insurance decisions impacting their employees and families, as well as the organization. In the current environment, it is important that district leaders have the tools required to gather and analyze information, ask the right questions, educate stakeholders, and make decisions that produce positive results.
The workshop will address the following topics:
- Insurance language and terminology.
- Insurance Structures: Consortium / Self-funded / Fully Funded programs
- Similarities and differences of Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans, Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans, and Health Savings Account (HSA) eligible High Deductible Health Plans (HDHP)
- Pros and cons of Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s).
- Tips and timelines when leaders are contemplating a change in provider, benefits, or premiums.
- Educating your staff for the benefit of all.
Date: Thursday, December 9, 2021
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Location: MCSA Education Center, 3550 Amazonas Drive, Jefferson City, MO 65109
Live-Stream Webinar Option.
Cost: $60 (includes lunch)
(No charge if participating in the First-Year Workshop Discount Program, but we still need you to complete the registration form)